Sunday, November 28, 2010

the big screen...

I remember I had my laptop on a flight - ONCE.
It's a behemoth!
21" screen.
SO, I figured, why not?
I brought Garfield, the movie, with me.
Got all settled in.
It was a FULL flight.
Flight attendants go through the standard flight procedures.
As I am pulling my laptop out...
The pull down tray is not allowed to be down yet so...
It sits on my lap.
(I'm thinking... "oh boy... it's tight in here... Nahhh, it'll work.")
So we finally get the thumbs up.
I pull my tray down.
Pop in my headphones.
And set my laptop down on the tray.
. . .
The leading edge of the laptop was pressing into my stomach!!!
("oh boy... how embarassing J. NOW what?! Play it cooool. Getting hot in here.")
People were watching me...
(chumps! I know EXACTLY what they were thinking... "okay, Mr. Cool with super huge DVD player... NOW what?!  HA!")

So, of course, he watched the entire movie...
From a very HARD-to-see angle.
Felt STUPID looking DOWN at my screen!

Left with a stomach ache.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lol, the things we go through to protect our PRIDE!!! Too funny, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete