Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Soft... is Okay


Yesterday, I am outside.
Methodically going through my 'Simple day.'

"Riiiiight."

Melissa. On the phone with Jenny.
Finds this beautiful, pink flower.
As she carries on her conversation.

My mind.
Going a mile a minute...
Compartmentalizes, just long enough to...
1. Grab my camera
2. Walk across our front yard
3. Bend down to get the right angle
4. Pressed the button as quickly as I Pressed on with my day.
A Man on a Mission...

Today,
I walk inside the house.
This flower.
Just one small reminder of God's Gift.
To us.
Sitting on the kitchen counter.
Made me smile.
I remembered to pull up my picture.

Unedited.
Untouched.
Unbelievably...
Amazing.

What I see...
Pink.
Bright.
Very Soft.
Not used to the...
Lighter shades of color.

What I am USED to seeing...
Darkness.
Rigid lifestyle.
Black. Blue. Darker shades.






The smile I get when I see this picture...
Reminder of how "soft" is okay.
I can live with pink.
I need soft.

~ Don't we all? ~

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Jose. A rose is just a rose, until you stop, look at, and appreciate it for what it is, how it was created, and what you can learn from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of how fragile life is, here one minute gone the next. Take advantage of everyday with loved ones!

    ReplyDelete